Experimental detection of the four-day variations of radon emanation caused by moon phases
AbstractFor the first time four diurnal variations of radon emanation from soil were found and measured. By results of measurements it is confirmed, well-known in the world literature, regularity – submission of volume activity of radon to barometric formula. Correlation of seismic peaks of magnitude of earthquakes with peaks of activity of radon is also found. In seismic hazard zones and, in particular, in mountain areas of Kazakhstan, the problem of short-term earthquake prediction and research of tectonic processes are highly relevant. However, according to the authors, the question of short-term earthquake prediction is still open. The conclusion about the possible dependence of the correlation of radon emanation not only earthquakes, but also from "moonquakes" that is, from the uplift of the soil due to gravitation of the moon - "lunar tides" is drawn.
2. Sevostyanov V.N., Abelencev V.V. Tehnika radonometrii i ee prilozheniya. – Almaty: NC NTI, 2010. – 66 s.
3. Takibaev Zh.S., Yushkov A.V., Sevostyanov V.N., Potrebenikov G.K., Kanashevich V.I. i dr. Obnaruzhenie yavleniya tehnogennoy mikroseysmicheskoy stimulyacii emanacii radona iz zemnoy kory // Vestnik KazGU. Seriya ekologich. – 2000. - №1-2(6-7). - S.6-13.
4. Kosyanchuk O. N. Vozmozhnost ispolzovaniya dinamiki ekshalyacii radona kak nadezhnogo indikatora seysmicheskoy aktivnosti // Molodoy uchenyy. — 2011. —T.1, №11. — S. 53-55.
5. Voytov G.I., Popov E.A. Geohimicheskiy prognoz zemletryaseniy. Priroda. 1989. №12.S60-64.
6. Okade S. Time variation of the atmospheric radon content near ground surface with relation to some geophysical phenomena, University of Kyoto // Memoir of College of Science. – 1956. – Vol. 28. – P. 99-115.
7. Outkin V.I., Yurkov A.K., Kridasheev S.V. Dynamics of radon concentration in soil for predicting earthquakes. – Proc. Third Eurosymposium on Protection against radon, Liege, 10-11 May 2001. – P.137-141.
8. Heiko Woith, Asaf Pekdeger, Georg Matthess, Wolfgang Enge. Spatial and temporal variations of radon in ground air and ground water within the Mudurnu Valley, NW-Turkey : a contribution to the Turkish-German Joint Project on Earthquake Research (Scientific Technical Report; 96/06).